- Born February 1972, Enninful is the first male editor in Vogue’s 101-year history and will assume his new position August 1.
- He is the first ever black editor of a mainstream British style magazine.
- Although he spent his childhood in the UK with his parents and 5 other siblings, Enninful is Ghanaian-born ( this is something we are very proud of here).
- At age 16, he was model-scouted by Simon Foxton and his fashion career began.
- At 18, he was fashion editor and fashion director at 19 years old for international publication, i-D magazine, the youngest in the title’s history. he held this role for 20 years.
- By the age of 22, Enninful worked for Calvin Klein on their advertising with Craig McDean and close friend, makeup artist Pat McGrath.
- Before his appointment as the New British Vogue Editor, Enninful held the position as fashion and creative director at W Magazine, where he has been since 2011.
- He has worked as contributing editor at the Italian Vogue and American Vogue and was creative and style director at W Magazine, as well as consult on countless high-fashion campaigns.
- Last October, he was given an OBE (Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) for his contribution to fashion.
- His many Recognitions include Clio Excellence in Commercial Styling Award (5 May 2015), British Fashion Awards Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator (1 December 2014) BRAG Business Achievement Award (20 October 2014), White House Fashion Education Workshop (8 October 2014), New York Urban League’s Frederick Douglass Medallion Award (7 May 2014), National Magazine Feature Photography Award 2013: “Good Kate, Bad Kate” by Steven Klein (2 May 2013), The Black Alumni of Pratt Celebration of the Creative Spirit Award (20 June 2012)
Speaking on his appointment, Mr Edward Enninful says
“I grew up reading British Vogue – I am so honoured and humbled to be taking up the mantle of editor,” he told us this afternoon. “I realise I am stepping into the shoes of a hugely respected editor in the shape of Alexandra Shulman, someone who has chosen to leave at the top of their game with a legacy of 25 years of success.”