if you are reading this, the fashion is a thing for you. Wether you are an apprentice or just a fan, you should be well aware of the fact that the month of May is synonymous to – the Met Gala season . Hence with that knowledge, you should also know that this year, the celebrities we all love are coming together to honor Comme des Garçon’s Creative Director . The Star studded event this year will definitely be more over the top.
SO WHO REALLY IS REI KAWAKUBO?
- Rei Kawakubo is a Japanese fashion designer from Tokyo, born 11 October 1942,.
- She is the founder and creative director of Comme des Garçon and Dover street market.
- She hosted her first fashion show in Paris, in 1981 where she broke with the super-wide shoulders, neon bright colors, and pussy bow blouses that defined that era.
- Her designs are more avante-garde as they are wearable, since she tends to often explore clothe’s relationship to the body, warping and distorting the human form through sharp angles and bulbous protrusions.
- She is constantly pushing the boundaries of abstract designs on the runways.
In an interview, with Lynn Yaeger on behalf of Vogue, the designer says of being given this recognition, “It’s a halfway thing. It’s like something on the road to something — it’s not a final thing. There’s no guarantee. . . . Maybe after the Met I won’t be able to make anything? Maybe the company will go down; I’m not sure.”